EMERGENCY OPERATIONS PLANDear Parents,
Ensuring the safety of students and employees at Analy high School is a critical concern. The Analy high School Emergency Operations Plan has been developed to safeguard students and employees and to maximize our ability to effectively respond to a variety of emergencies. This plan was developed in partnership with the Sonoma County Office of Education, the Sebastopol Police Department, the Sebastopol Fire Department, and other local emergency agencies. Disseminating accurate information and communicating emergency actions before, during, and after an emergency is a high priority.
EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PLAN (EOP)
The Emergency Operations Plan provides the framework for addressing emergencies that may occur during school and business hours. The plan includes guidelines on how to respond to natural disasters, weather-related emergencies, dangerous persons/weapons on campus, civil unrest, and terrorism. The members of the EOP Management Team conduct on-site crisis training for school personnel including command post and crisis communication issues, logistics, release of information, sheltering, evacuation, students accounting/release to parents, medical response, media coverage, and post-event counseling for staff and students. There are evacuation plans and periodic drills to assess the effectiveness of the emergency response actions.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES IF CRISIS OR EMERGENCY OCCURS DURING THE SCHOOL DAY
- Students should remain at school until the EOC Director releases them. Students will be released as soon as it has been determined that it is safe and appropriate to do so.
- Do not telephone the school landlines. In order to keep phone lines accessible, parents are asked not to call the school in emergency situations so that the phone lines can remain accessible to emergency responders for handling the crisis/emergency.
- Do not call students' or teachers' cell phones. Students will not be allowed to use their cell phones. Cell phone systems typically overload during a major crisis. A sudden surge in users could overload the system knocking out cell phone service. Since cell phones may be needed as emergency communication tools for school administrators and emergency responders, it is vital that this line of communication remain open.
- Information will be made available to parents as soon as possible:
- Radio Stations:
Tune to: KSRO AM 1350 or KZST FM 100.1
- (2) Internet: Go to:
-http://www.analy.org (Analy's website)
-http://wscuhsd.k12.ca.us (District website)
- Emergency Phone Number,
West Sonoma County Union High School District Office: 707.824.6403
EVACUATION OF SCHOOL/RELEASE STUDENTS TO PARENTS
- As soon as it is safe, students will be released. Students will remain under the supervision of school personnel until they are released to a parent or guardian or adult designated on the emergency form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Students may be moved to another location. The exact location from which students may be picked up will be announced on the radio stations and web sites listed above.
- Review the information in this publication and basic safety procedures with your family.
- Review family safety procedures so your children will feel prepared if an emergency situation occurs.
- Plan for communication between family members in a crisis situation. Have emergency contacts outside of the immediate area.